Residential homeowners in the Fort Lauderdale area have it easy compared to facilities managers, don’t they? A homeowner shops for the roofer then buys a new roof and that’s that. If the job is not first-rate, the only ones to grumble are family members. But what of the facilities manager? The fiscal health and survival of an entire company rides on the selection of a trustworthy roofing contractor. Consider these three tips when selecting the right professional.
Ask around. Are other building owners or facilities managers pleased with their roofing contractors? Any good commercial roofer in Fort Lauderdale should be able to point you toward happy customers. Ask those customers a few simple questions:
- How easy is the roofer to work with?
- Were roofing jobs completed on time and close to the estimate?
- How flexible is the roofer with scheduling?
Customers and employees of your business should not have to work around roofing crews. When you choose a trusted Fort Lauderdale roofer who puts integrity first, you have no worries. The work schedule for roofing repairs or re-roofing can work around your business schedule.
Some commercial roofers push a single product, like EPDM or BUR, because it is what they know how to do. Ask your Florida-licensed, prospective roofing contractor for a schedule of services. In taking bids, get specifics:
- How will waste materials be handled, including the old roof if re-roofing is needed?
- How noisy will the work be and what can you do to mitigate it?
- Do you offer chemical adhesion or hot air seaming? Chemicals often produce strongly offensive odors which could put off customers
- How do you handle callbacks?
- How do you ensure matching materials and adhesion systems for repairs?
Ask the roofing contractor if they are acknowledged experts at installing the roofing system which best fits your needs. You may need a single-ply membrane for most of your roof, with metal roofing for overhangs and additions. Can they handle both systems?
Your last roof may have been cheap to install but ended up requiring a lot of expensive maintenance. Can a prospective roofer suggest alternatives to provide high quality with lower annual maintenance?
When you are serious about your company’s roof, contact us at PSI Roofing. We will be happy to answer every question you have about our products, our expertise, and our track record. Contact us today!