Commercial Roofing/Waterproofing Estimator
Commercial roofing company, located in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami Area is looking for Commercial Roofing Estimator candidates for immediate start. Base salary with incentives based upon performance. Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience with commercial roof systems, painting or waterproofing estimating. We will provide additional training for right candidate. Additional experience with project management, estimating software, and ability to train others is helpful.
- Interacts with client from the beginning to the completion of the project
- Estimating of Commercial Roofing Projects including field take offs, budget and change orders.
- Setup lead folder and attend to pre-bid meetings.
- Follow all company processes and procedures.
- Responsible for communicating with clients, sales staff and management.
- Create, maintain and manage project files during estimating process.
- Perform roof surveys/take offs; to include create a roof drawing with detail drawings, take measurements of roof area and details. Take photos and assess logistics challenges for specific job site.
- Must have a working knowledge of all types of roof systems along with painting, waterproofing and plaza decks.
- Estimate commercial roofing projects utilizing software package provided.
- Commercial roofing systems knowledge and roofing terminology
- Florida Building Code, Miami Dade Product Approvals and Roofing Material Manufacturers Systems
- Estimating Software experience to include the Edge Estimating Software.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage simultaneous assignments is required.
- Provide excellent telephone coverage including ability to manage priorities; handle urgent calls with professionalism and good judgment
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to write estimates/change orders, photo reports and proposals.
- Strong learning abilities
- Proficient with all office technology; advanced skills in MS Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to use smartphones, including emails and internet browsing.
- Must be extremely well organized
- Self-motivated, innovative, hardworking individual, who can handle changing priorities and multiple tasks
- Must be a customer service oriented, team-player eager to assist colleagues and members of the department at all levels
Helpful but not required skills:
- General construction knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Comprehensive benefits package including:
Paid holidays, paid vacation, health insurance with dental and vision, company vehicle, cellphone, tuition reimbursement and incentive bonus.